Anti-aging treatments have risen in demand because of the belief that looking young while growing older in number is beautiful and admirable. If only the fountain of youth were real, everyone would scramble to achieve a lifetime of youthfulness in one drink. Since the fountain does not exist in real life, other ways were invented to maintain a youthful appearance with age. If you are someone who is into anti-aging or is thinking of having an anti-aging procedure, read on to know more about the possible treatment options and more.
What is Anti-Aging Treatment?
There are currently two types of aging, namely, chronoaging and photoaging. Chronoaging is the natural process of aging, which begins in the mid-20s. This type of aging begins when collagen production and cell repair begins to slow down during the renewal process. Meanwhile, photoaging is brought about by damage caused by exposure to the sun.
With these types of aging, there have been several treatments that were invented to combat the signs. These anti-aging treatments are responsible for “slowing, preventing, or reversing the aging process” through different medications, devices, methods, and techniques.
What is Anti-Aging Treatment?
Procedures that combat aging can be recommended to a lot of people. They are especially recommended to those who are likely to show the most signs of aging, such as people who are in their mid-age. Specifically, these anti-aging treatments are recommended for the following:
- Individuals who have wrinkled skin
- Individuals who are struggling with sagging in their skin
- Individuals who have crow’s feet around the eye area
- Individuals who have loose skin in their upper and lower eyelids
- Individuals who have brown spots or sun spots
- Individuals who have wrinkles around their mouth
The Anti-Aging Treatment options in Korea
Several options can be effective in restoring the skin’s youthfulness and beauty after having been through the process of aging and the effects of environmental skin stressors. Several of the options are as follows:
- Botox – This treatment involves injecting botulinum toxin to muscles in the face to stop them from contracting, thus reducing wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers – Fillers are used to plump the skin and smoothen wrinkles with the use of hyaluronic acid.
- Topical treatments – this treatment uses retinoid to exfoliate the skin and reduce its roughness.
Skin Resurfacing Treatments
- Laser treatment – Ablative lasers stimulate new skin and collagen production by removing the top layers of the skin. Non-ablative lasers, on the other hand, use heat directly into the deeper layers of the skin to promote collagen production.
- Chemical peels – This treatment uses chemical solutions that make the skin peel after several days to give way to new and smoother skin.
- Microdermabrasion – This procedure is gentle enough to be repeated in shorter gaps. It uses a device with a fine tip that gently exfoliates the skin.
- Dermabrasion – This treatment uses a blade or a rotating device to exfoliate several layers of skin until a certain depth is achieved.
- Microneedling – As the name suggests, this procedure uses ultra-fine needles to create “injuries” to the skin and stimulate natural skin healing and produce collagen.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)- This treatment uses broad-spectrum light waves to tackle pigmentation and skin complexion.
Facelift – This surgical procedure uses incisions to gain access to the underlying muscles and skin tissues and tightens them altogether.
Anti-Aging Treatment recovery time
The recovery for anti-aging treatments highly depends on which treatment you underwent. For treatments that are non-invasive and are in the form of injections like Botox and fillers, no downtime is required, and you can go back to your daily activities after the treatment. For some, there may be mild swelling that goes away after one to three days.
On the other hand, skin resurfacing treatments’ recovery may vary depending on how invasive the procedure is you underwent. Non-invasive and non-ablative ones may not need any downtime at all. Invasive and ablative ones could take two to three weeks of recovery, especially for treatments that exfoliate or “damage” the top layer of your skin. During the recovery period, it is best to stay away from the sun since your skin will be raw and more prone to sunburn and sun damage. Redness and scabbing are normal during this time since the wounds are healing, and new skin is taking over. Whether you had non-invasive or invasive procedures, it is always best to use sunscreen when going out and also wear protective clothing. Until your skin has fully healed, you may need to avoid activities that may cause an infection like swimming and anything that will make you sweat.
What are the benefits of having Anti-Aging Treatments?
Undergoing anti-aging treatments can benefit someone’s life significantly in the physical, social, and mental aspects. Some of the benefits that anti-aging treatments can offer are the following:
- Improved appearance makes an excellent first impression
- Makes you feel good and content about yourself
- Increases self-esteem
- Fixes damage caused by free radicals and the sun
- Makes your face clearer and smoother
- Gets rid of skin issues that are hard to eliminate
- Availability of less invasive and non-invasive treatments
- Several treatments to choose from based on your preference and what your skin needs
Anti-Aging Treatment Before and After
The results brought about by anti-aging treatments highly depend on the treatment that you underwent. There is a significant amount of innovation in the equipment and techniques used in these kinds of procedures. Considerable improvement in the appearance of the skin can be achieved even with the use of a simple procedure. In the before and after pictures below, you can see that the signs of aging from the patients’ faces are not anymore visible. The anti-aging treatments have done a commendable job of rejuvenating their faces and restoring a youthful appearance.
With the use of anti-aging treatments, it is now possible to slow, reverse, and prevent aging. With the three categories of anti-aging treatments currently available, you have a lot of options as to which treatments you would like to undergo. You can also choose whether you want an invasive or non-invasive procedure or a treatment that will give you either a temporary or long-lasting results. When it comes to recovery, the duration depends on how invasive the procedure was that you underwent. Seeing the results, it shows that these treatments are effective enough to improve the appearance and smoothen lines and wrinkles on the face.
Anti-aging treatments, invasive or not, surgical or non-surgical, require a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure a successful treatment that will result in the desired outcome without any complications. At Seoul Guide Medical, we know of the best plastic surgeons in the country who have performed a lot of successful anti-aging treatments with both locals and foreigners. For a consultation, contact us through our website, and we guarantee you a safe procedure and a youthful, smoother appearance.
Will an Anti-Aging Treatment get rid of wrinkles permanently?
Anti-aging treatments will not get rid of wrinkles or any signs of aging permanently. This is because the aging process will continue due to gravity, the sun, and other environmental factors.
How long will the results last?
How long you can see the results for your anti-aging treatments depends on which type of treatment you underwent. Non-surgical treatments typically last for three months to a year or a little over a year before you should undergo another round of treatment. For surgical treatments and skin resurfacing treatments, the results could last for several years, especially when combined with the right skincare for your skin type and concerns.