The male non-surgical facelift is becoming a common plastic surgery procedure among men these days. In the past, these kinds of procedures were only popular among women, but men have realized the benefits they can also get from non-surgical facelifts and facelifts in general. In today’s society, men have also become conscious of their appearance and make efforts to find ways on how to improve it. With the innovations in plastic surgery, which includes non-surgical procedures, a lot of people can now experience anti-aging procedures without the need for surgery.
What is a Male Non-Surgical Facelift?
A male non-surgical facelift is a cosmetic treatment that is responsible for getting rid of the signs of aging, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging on the face. From the name itself, the treatment options that are used are non-surgical procedures that are capable of replacing volume, rejuvenating, tightening, and lifting the face.
They are either injectable, laser resurfacing, peels, ultrasound-based, or radiofrequency-based. The most common of these treatments are the injectable option, such as dermal fillers and Botox. These treatments can be combined to produce better results.
There are factors to consider as males having a non-surgical facelift compared to women differs due to some factors. As compared to women, men bleed more during surgery, which makes them more prone to hematomas. Also, since male hairlines are receding, it is sometimes a struggle for surgeons to hide surgery scars. Beards are also another factor to consider in men because getting a facelift surgery may affect the hair on the face.
Benefits of Male Non-Surgical Facelift
Undergoing a male non-surgical facelift is beneficial in many ways, especially to males who want to improve their appearance. This procedure can bring significant benefits physically, psychologically, and emotionally. Some of the benefits of a male non-surgical facelift include the following:
- Enhanced appearance
- Elimination of loose sagging skin on the face
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Little to no downtime
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Lasting effects (improved longevity with maintenance)
- Better quality of life
- Boosts confidence
- Contentment with one’s skin
Male Non-Surgical Facelift Procedures
Since the procedures for a male non-surgical facelift do not involve incisions, anesthesia would not be necessary. However, if you may wish for anesthesia, the doctor may give you topical anesthesia or numbing cream on the area that is to be treated. The duration of the procedure depends on which type of treatment you are undergoing. Usually, it lasts around 15 minutes to an hour and a half. The following are the treatment options for a male non-surgical facelift:
For whom is a Male Non-Surgical Facelift most recommended?
To know if you are the right candidate for a male non-surgical facelift, you should consult your doctor. Most males should be qualified for the procedure as long as they are healthy with no skin infections and not taking medications that could cause an adverse effect during and after the procedure. Other males who are generally qualified for a non-surgical facelift are:
- Those who want to get rid of lines and wrinkles
- Those who want to improve sagging of the skin on their face
- Those who have a healthy weight
- Those who are willing to quit or decrease smoking and alcohol consumption
- Those who want to have a younger, more lifted appearance
- Those who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure
- Those who are too busy to have a long recovery and downtime
- Botox – This treatment involves injecting botulinum toxin to muscles in the face to stop them from contracting, thus reducing wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers – Fillers are used to plump the skin and smoothen wrinkles with the use of hyaluronic acid.
Skin resurfacing treatments
These types of treatments under non-surgical facelifts for men are considered to be the most effective in skin lifting.
- Laser treatment – Ablative lasers stimulate new skin and collagen production by removing the top layers of the skin. Non-ablative lasers, on the other hand, use heat directly into the deeper layers of the skin to promote collagen production.
- Chemical peels – This treatment uses chemical solutions that make the skin peel after several days to give way to new and smoother skin.
- Microdermabrasion – This procedure is gentle enough to be repeated in shorter gaps. It uses a device with a fine tip that gently exfoliates the skin.
- Dermabrasion – This treatment uses a blade or a rotating tool to exfoliate several layers of skin until a certain depth is achieved.
- Microneedling – As the name suggests, this procedure uses ultra-fine needles to create “injuries” to the skin and stimulate natural skin healing and produce collagen.
Male Non-Surgical Facelift Recovery Time
The recovery time for a male non-surgical facelift varies depending on the treatment that was done. For injectable treatments such as dermal fillers and Botox, there is no downtime needed generally; however, one to three days of recovery may be necessary if you have swelling on the area of the treatment. Also, the results may not be instant and could become visible within two weeks after the procedure.
On the other hand, for skin resurfacing and lifting treatments such as laser rejuvenation, ultrasound, and radiofrequency, there may be minimal downtime depending on the invasiveness of the treatment that was used. Non-ablative procedures may not need any downtime at all, while ablative ones could take up to three weeks for a complete recovery.
After getting treatments for a male non-surgical facelift, whether the skin resurfacing type or the injectable type, it is best to protect your skin from the sun through the use of sunscreen or protective clothing. If you are experiencing any redness and swelling from ablative treatments, it is best to stay away from activities that can cause infection on the skin. To help maintain the results as long as possible, it is recommended that you care for your skin through proper skincare products and a routine.
Male Non-Surgical Facelift before and after
For optimal results, the treatments used in a male non-surgical facelift requires maintenance every few months to a little over a year. The procedures are effective enough in reducing the signs of aging in men and, just like in women, give them a more youthful, well-rested look.
With men beginning to seek out plastic surgery procedures more actively, a male non-surgical facelift is one of the procedures that can give them a better appearance by fighting the signs of aging without having to undergo surgery. There are several treatments available, such as injectable and skin resurfacing treatments that can be combined to achieve optimal results.
The procedures take only 15 minutes to over an hour without the requirement for anesthesia. The recovery depends on the treatment that you underwent, with the most extended option potentially needing up to three weeks. With proper skincare and treatment maintenance, a male non-surgical facelift can offer significant benefits and results that could match that of a surgical facelift.
If you have been considering a facelift and do not like to undergo the process and recovery of a surgical procedure, then a non-surgical facelift could be for you. To know more about the treatments available and if you are qualified for them, contact Seoul Guide Medical through their website for the most trusted clinics in South Korea and certified doctors.
How long until I see the results of a Male Non-Surgical Facelift?
Most, if not all, types of treatment for a male non-surgical facelift show instant visible results. For some, especially the lasers and ultrasound energy, the results only improve throughout the two weeks after the procedure, and you may see the full effect within six months.
Is a Male Non-Surgical Facelift permanent?
The effects of a male non-surgical facelift are not permanent. They usually last for 18-24 months, depending on the type of facelift treatment that was used. However, for fillers, the effects may only last for four to six months until you need to have a follow-up treatment.