Shurink HIFU treatment in Korea is considered as one of the most effective anti-aging procedures available. Different kinds of skincare and treatments are currently available in the market, but what often makes them ineffective is that they only treat the topmost part of the skin. With the new addition to anti-aging treatments in plastic surgery, you can now achieve that desired youthful glow. Shurink treatment does not only treat on a dermal level but, instead, reaches the deepest layers of the skin to provide the best treatment possible. Read on to know more about Shurink and what it can offer.
What is Shurink HIFU Treatment?
HIFU treatments were first known to be used and studied as a cure for prostate cancer and other applicable diseases. In 2008, it was first used in dermatologic and aesthetic practices. Come 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved its safety for brow lifting.
Today, there have been several innovations in HIFU treatments, and one of the most recent is the Shurink HIFU treatment device. Just like other HIFU devices, it delivers ultrasound energy into the specific layers of the skin, which causes cellular damage. The device uses three cartridges, namely, the 1.5 mm for the superficial dermis, 3.0 mm for the deep dermis, and 4.5 mm for the SMAS. Once the damage heals, it generates new collagen and elastin that rejuvenates, lifts, and tightens the skin. This treatment is considered non-invasive since it does not cause any damage to the skin’s topmost layer.
Benefits of Shurink HIFU Treatment
A Shurink treatment is a non-surgical method that lifts and tightens the skin on the face and some body parts, but it is capable of providing similar results as a surgical facelift. This treatment can provide you with several benefits, which you can enjoy the moment you finish the procedure. Some of the benefits of a Shurink HIFU treatment include:
- Reduction of wrinkles and fine lines
- Non-invasive and non-surgical method for lifting the face
- Improvement of the contour of the jaw
- Getting rid of sagging in the neck area
- Little to no recovery and downtime
- Preservation of the surface of the skin
- Stimulation of collagen and elastin production for better and healthier skin
- Tightening of the eyebrows, nasolabial folds, and cheeks
Shurink HIFU Treatment Procedures
Other than having a consultation with your doctor, you do not need any additional preparation before getting a Shurink HIFU treatment. Anesthesia may also not be required since you will only feel tingling sensations and heat during the whole procedure. However, if you want to make sure that your treatment is pain-free, your doctor may give you topical anesthesia or numbing cream. The following below are the steps during your treatment proper:
- Your doctor or the staff will first clean the area that will be treated. It is highly suggested that you remove any makeup before having your treatment or not wear any makeup at all on the day of your appointment.
- If needed, they will apply topical anesthesia on the area to be treated.
- The doctor then places an ultrasound gel on the surface of the device that will be placed on your skin.
- Once the device is ready, your doctor will place the Shurink HIFU device on your skin.
- Using an ultrasound viewer, they will adjust the device to the right setting that fits your skin needs.
- They may also change from one cartridge to another, depending on the depth of the skin that needs the treatment.
- The doctor places the device around the treatment area until the right amount of ultrasound energy is delivered. This treatment usually lasts for around 15-30 minutes.
- When the area has been treated, the doctor will remove the device and will place another cream on your face that will serve as an anti-inflammatory and protection from the outside environment.
Shurink HIFU Treatment recovery time
Since Shurink HIFU treatments are non-invasive and do not damage the top layer of the skin, no downtime is required. You can go back to your daily activities after having the treatment. Some people even have the treatment done during their lunch break and go back to work right after. The effects of the treatment may differ from one person to another in the sense that some may experience mild redness and swelling because of their skin’s sensitivity to the ultrasound waves.
This is nothing to worry about and will gradually fade after two days. Washing your face is also allowed a few hours after the treatment. Also, be sure to use proper skincare and put on sun protection like sunscreen or hats when you have to be exposed to the sun. This is because the sun’s rays can speed up aging, and you would not want that after having your Shurink treatment.
Shurink HIFU Treatment before and after
Most patients only need one session of a Shurink HIFU treatment to get the results they want. There may also be some who may need several sessions depending on their skin’s laxity, sagging, and wrinkling, as well as how it reacts to the treatment.
With the before and after images of patients shown below, you can see that the Shurink treatment has been effective in making their faces appear smoother by eliminating fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging, allowing them to have a more lifted look. With the improvements, the youthfulness that most patients aspire to have is achieved, which they could not likely get with other non-invasive procedures.
To conclude, even though Shurink HIFU treatment is a non-invasive and non-surgical procedure, the ultrasound energy of the device used for the procedure not only treats the upper layers of the skin but delves deeper into the SMAS. Through this, collagen production regenerates, and the effects are long-lasting. Through the three types of cartridges available, the skin can be treated depending on which layer of the skin the issue comes from.
There are a lot of benefits from the Shurink treatment, including its being a non-invasive form of treatment, producing long-lasting results, and not requiring any downtime or lengthy recovery. The procedure is quick to the point that some people have their appointments during a lunch break from work.
If you are someone who wants to have a more lifted and younger-looking appearance without the need for surgery or a lengthy recovery period, have your consultation with us at Seoul Guide Medical. You may book your appointment through our website and experience a hassle-free journey to experiencing the best that a Shurink HIFU treatment can do for your skin.
How long does HIFU last?
How long the outcome of the Shurink HIFU treatment lasts varies from one individual to another. Usually, good results last for about a year or a little over. For maintenance, it is recommended that you have a treatment every year or every six months.